Genetic Improvement of Software .com
Welcome to the community website on Genetic Improvement (GI).
GI focuses on the repair and optimisation of software using computational search and evolutionary processes, often outperforming human developers at these tasks. (read more)
We as a community run a workshop and frequent events year-round, feel free to meet us to discuss the future of software engineering!
- The 12th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement took place at ICSE 2023. Prof. Myra Cohen and Dr. Sebastian Baltes gave keynote talks. Authors of accepted papers are invited to submit an extended version of their papers to ASE’s Special Issue on Genetic Improvement.
- The 63rd CREST Open Workshop on Genetic Improvement and Software Specialisation took place at University College London in March 2023.
- The 11th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement took place at GECCO 2022, together with a GI tutorial.
- The 10th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement took place at ICSE 2021.
- There was a GI tutorial at ASE 2020.
- There was a tutorial on Genetic Improvement at PPSN 2020. Slides can be obtained here.
- Version 2 of the Genetic Improvement in No time (Gin) tool has been released. It is available at https://github.com/gintool/gin. It provides the ability to handle multi-class projects, gradle and maven build tools, built-in profiler and sampling utilities, test case generation, and a load of new edit operators.
- Version 2, alpha release, of the PYGGI Python General Framework for Genetic Improvement has been released. It is available at https://github.com/coinse/pyggi/releases. This release now supports XML.